(Special Programs Organized for Recreation Time)
A year round program which provides activities for individuals with
special needs. Participants of all ages and levels are welcome to enroll.
The Towns of Belmont and Watertown, user fees and donations fund the
program. Dedicated volunteers enable the S.P.O.R.T. Program to offer
many outstanding programs at nominal fees. We promise continued
excellence in recreation programming for individuals with special needs.
Welcome to the start of the 2013 Spring/Summer season for Belmont S.P.O.R.T. To make registering for programs easier and to better plan your spring and summer schedules, we will register now for programs through the end of summer. We encourage you to plan ahead. Register early as programs will fill up and space is limited. Be sure to provide us with up to date contact information such as address, phone and e-mail address. These are helpful in allowing us to notify participants of changes and/or cancellations.
*IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION*
Family members and staff, always make sure that there is an
coach at a program before you drop off an athlete. Also, please arrive on
time to pick up an athlete at the end of a program or event. There should
be no instance where an athlete is left unsupervised.
Susan Weiner, Director
Belmont Recreation Department
PO Box 56 Belmont, MA 02478
*Please note if school is cancelled due
to inclement weather, S.P.O.R.T. programs are also cancelled.*
SPECIAL UPCOMING EVENTS
August 2013: Family trip to Bermuda
Belmont S.P.O.R.T. will have the largest contingency at the Winter Games in March. We will be sending one floor hockey team, five basketball teams.
· Thank you to Matthew and Bill Ferrari for participating in Special Olympics Passion Plunge and raising money for Belmont S.P.O.R.T. Please support Matthew and Bill!
· Thank you to Melissa O’Connor (Belmont P.D.) for participating in Special Olympics Jolly Jaunt.
· Congratulations to Brian & Kelly Clark on the birth of Brenna
· Congratulations to Shereif & Jasmine El Sheikh on the birth of Zachariah
· Congratulations to Justine Evans on her forthcoming marriage
· Thank you to all the coaches and volunteers for another successful season.
· Thank you to everyone who voted for Belmont S.P.O.R.T. at the Watertown Savings Bank for Customer Choice Award. Belmont S.P.O.R.T. was awarded $2,800
A FEW IMPORTANT REMINDERS
· All checks for programs listed in this booklet should be made out to the Town of Belmont, and mailed to:
Belmont Recreation Department P.O. Box 56 Belmont, MA 02478
· A non-resident is anyone who does not live in Belmont, Watertown, Arlington, or Waltham
· Most of your questions can be answered by calling the Recreation Department at (617) 993-2760. The office is open Monday-Friday from 8am until 4pm. To check for cancellations call 617-993-2768
· When filling out the registration form please make sure to put the most up to date contact information for the S.P.O.R.T. participant. This is the information we use if we ever have to contact participants with last minute program changes!
· The Fernald Pool remains open through the spring season, and hopefully beyond. Call the pool for hours, 781-894-3600 X4058
If you would like to be added to the e-mail list please send
e-mail to above address.
Your e-mail address will not be shared with anyone
other than Belmont S.P.O.R.T.
Please send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org .